Chicken carbonara is one of the most popular pasta dishes around, and for good reason. It’s creamy, cheesy, and FULL of bacon – what more could you want in a pasta dish? But even if you’re not a fan of chicken carbonara, there’s still plenty of other recipes on this blog that will be sure to please.
From the simple bacon pasta to the family-friendly carbonara spaghetti recipe, there’s something for everyone in this blog. So whether you’re looking for a delicious and easy dinner recipe or a nutritious pasta dish to add to your repertoire, you’ll find it here!
Bacon in Carbonara?
Bacon in carbonara? Is it really necessary? Well, the answer is… maybe not! Add sauteed mushrooms or peppers to the sauce for a different flavor profile. Or try a baconless carbonara for a more vegetarian-friendly meal. In the end, the choice is yours – but we recommend trying at least one variation of this classic Italian dish to really enjoy the flavor profile!
What Kinds of Pasta Can I Use?
Pasta is one of the most versatile and often-used foods in the kitchen. There are many types of pasta available, so its important to choose the right one for your needs. Some popular options include spaghetti, macaroni and cheese, ravioli, and spaghetti carbonara.
As always, be sure to read the packaging before buying to find out which kind of pasta is the best for your meal. And if you happen to have any leftovers, don’t forget to store them in a sealed container in the fridge for later use.
How to Make Chicken Carbonara
Authentic chicken carbonara is a delicious Italian dish that can be enjoyed at home. This recipe is simple and easy to follow, with only a few steps required. First, cook pasta of your choice – linguine or spaghetti squash – then top it with bacon, Pecorino Romano cheese, and egg yolks.
The next step is to prepare the chicken. Simply pound the chicken thin and then fry it until golden brown. Once the chicken is cooked, it’s time to assemble the carbonara dish. Just ladle the carbonara mixture over the cooked pasta, and serve. Bon appétit!
– 1 pound pasta, such as linguine or spaghetti squash
– 2 slices bacon, diced
– 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, shredded
– 8 egg yolks
– Olive oil, for frying chicken
- Cook pasta of your choice according to package instructions. Drain and reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Add the Pecorino Romano cheese to the bacon grease and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a small bowl until thickened. Pour about one fourth of the reserved pasta cooking water into the bowl and whisk until fully combined. Drizzle the egg yolk mixture over the cooked pasta.
- Pour the skillet with bacon fat and pasta mixture over high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce is thickened and bubbling. Serve immediately.
If you’re looking for a delicious pasta dish that’s not your typical carbonara, then you should try chicken carbonara! This pasta dish is made with chicken breast that is cooked in a creamy carbonara sauce. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also easy to make! Just follow the instructions below and you’ll have a dish that your whole family will love.